Elsi Isle
Hello! You should really consider talking to Professor Draco! If I was you I would either REGISTER or LOG-IN.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Elsi Isle
Hello! You should really consider talking to Professor Draco! If I was you I would either REGISTER or LOG-IN.
Elsi Isle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Novice Class loveunicorns (Admin)

2 posters

Go down

Novice Class loveunicorns (Admin) Empty Novice Class loveunicorns (Admin)

Post  Admin Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:48 pm

Hello and welcome to your novice role play thread! My name is Admin and I will be your proctor. Together we will get through this level and get you prepared for your exams and advancement to the next level! *applause*

What do we want to learn in this level?
In this level, we will be working on your…
•Character depth and insight -- you will be exploring your character’s thoughts, feelings and actions
•Grammar and Spelling – we hope to cut out all grammar and spelling problems early so that you can have an easier time in the next few levels
•Fluidity – we will steer you away from dead enders and rocky sentences!
•Avoidance of Gary/Mary Sues and power playing/god modding – because these are rude and annoying
•Turn Taking – because we want you to keep your head when you move out into the world of online rping
•Post Length – because nobody likes one-liners

This thread has been created for

• loveunicorns

Before we start to role play…

We need some characters! As was preciously mentioned, one of the aims of this level is to teach you to consider every aspect of your character, thus creating a well developed character who has some sustenance to him or her. To begin with this, we at the RP school have created a basic outline that you may expand on (but not subtract from).

Creating Your Character
As was previously mentioned, one of the aims of this level is to teach you to consider every aspect of your character, thus creating a well-developed character who has some sustenance to him or her. To begin with this, we at the RP School have created a basic outline that you may expand on (but not subtract from).

Code:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Ethnicity:[/b]

[b]Hair colour:[/b]
[b]Eye colour:[/b]
[b]Skin colour:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Clothing style:[/b]
[b]Hairstyle:[/b]
[b]Frame:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Likes:[/b]
[b]Dislikes:[/b]
[b]Strengths:[/b]
[b]Weaknesses:[/b]
[b]Greatest fear:[/b]
[b]Greatest wish:[/b]

[b]Goals in life:[/b]
[b]General Past:[/b]
[b]Past Things They Regret:[/b]
[b]Past Things They Are Happy With:[/b]
[b]Family life:[/b]

[b]Other:[/b]

[b]Picture:[/b] (discouraged for humans)

Upon Acceptance
When your character his reviewed by your proctor and deemed worthy, you may proceed to role play! Please keep in mind that we ARE training you for role play sites as well as those rp threads here on CS, so we will be doing this in a turn-based fashion. DO NOT STEP OUT OF TURN, as in a role play site you’re head will be ripped off if you do XD

Turns
loveunicorns > Admin >

Remember…
• When your proctor posts, it will be in this colour.
• When you are talking out of character (which shouldn’t happen often), always write in between double parenthesis, or put “OOC:” in front of it.
• Use quotation marks!!!!!!!! Also, you may wish to bold everything in quotation marks, as this makes it easier to distinguish talking from everything else.

Once you’ve created your characters and have had them reviewed and approved by the proctor, you can begin your role play….

Role Play

Okay! I have chosen to do a fantasy type role-play, and that is what we will be focusing on. To start you on your role play adventure, I have written up a prompt. Please continue with it, keeping in mind everything that is included in it.

Prompt:
A harsh wind blew through the trees, finding it's way into even the deepest cave. It wasn't easy being a shape-shifter, not anymore. In fact, it hadn't been for many years. They had once been as common as regular people, but now they were fading, being hunted by King Jared. The word on the street was that the kind had once been in love with a shape-shifter, and that love had gone unrequited. So now, shape-shifters were outlawed and hunted. How will you escape?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any questions please feel free to send me or another proctor a pm! Also, if ever you feel like you are not able to post regularly and/or want to drop out, please pm me as well so that we may carry on without you.

Forms:
(There are currently no forms)
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Points (Wooden Tokens) : 231180

https://elsiisle2.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Novice Class loveunicorns (Admin) Empty Re: Novice Class loveunicorns (Admin)

Post  Admin Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:53 pm

Hello loveunicorns! I was just wondering if you could get two other people to join the class! That way, we will have a wider variety of students, and you will learn the handy dandy social skill while role playing! It's always best to keep in mind that others are playing as well, and not just go off and do your own little thing! If you could have the other two join, we will all be able to get started! Also, can you please fill out the form to join the official role play school? You can find it in the offical role play thread!
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Points (Wooden Tokens) : 231180

https://elsiisle2.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Novice Class loveunicorns (Admin) Empty yes i'll try

Post  loveunicorns Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:02 pm

Alright I guess I could try, like who porkchop320, oliegirl, neondragonxp, and Plip Plop? That's 4 I guess that could work too! Let me try!!

loveunicorns

Points (Wooden Tokens) : 227213

Back to top Go down

Novice Class loveunicorns (Admin) Empty My role play character

Post  loveunicorns Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:11 pm

Name: KoRilakkuma
Ethnicity:All nice and calm bears

Hair colour: White
Eye colour: Black
Skin colour:White
Height:4 Ft, 3 inches
Clothing style: Doesn't wear clothes
Hairstyle: plain
Frame: All white

Personality: Calm and carful, and let's not forget sweet!
Dislikes: When is frustrated because she can't write
Strengths: Painting, and playing
Weaknesses: Doesn't scare anyone when in the forest
Greatest fear: Spiders so scary!
Greatest wish: To one day learn how to write

Goals in life: Wants to learn how to fly
General Past: Lived in Japan
Past Things They Regret: Finding a spider in her yard!!
Past Things They Are Happy With: Making friend with Hello Kitty.
Family life: Live in a forest in Japan and America.

Other: Hopes to one day actually join a school and learn how to actually write.

Picture: (discouraged for humans)doesn't have any pics

Great, now I can work on how to properly use a form! Okay, I have noticed LOTS of mistakes! And that's OK, because your new at this! First of all, it has to be a human NOT an animal! Just to make sure your clear with that. I will let you know, a shape shifter is a person who can morph into ONLY one type of animal, and it has to be real, not fake, so keep that in mind. Also, as your a beginner, I understand writing longer is a bit hard. So, perhaps, for each requirement, I suggest writing two-three complete sentences, that have TONS and TONS of detail! That way, you and others can imagine your character a bit better! Also, we should work on reviewing your templates before you post them! That way we don't find careless mistakes such as:
Past Things They Are Happy With: Making friend with Hello Kitty. It SHOULD be: Making friends with Hello Kitty.

I also prefer you not to use pre-made characters in other rp's, because it looses originality and creativity! Perhaps, making up a new character of your own can easily express more of a personality as well, because with pre-made characters, they already have their own personality!

loveunicorns

Points (Wooden Tokens) : 227213

Back to top Go down

Novice Class loveunicorns (Admin) Empty Re: Novice Class loveunicorns (Admin)

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down